Monday, April 23, 2007

Basketball fever

At last! After so many years, I was able to play in our church's sportsfest. But it was not a good debut though, 'coz I had the worst offensive game of my basketball career (if there is one. ehehe). I didn't score a point! Thanks to limited games I played after college, I lost my shooting touch. And because I'm comfortable playing 1 and 2 position, I rely more on scoring outside. So you do the math. Anyway, enough of that.

It was a fun experience altogether, though it was really tiring -- we have to play twice that day. There are a lot of people who came to watch and cheer for the teams -- it would have been better if they stayed until the last game which is our second game. (ehehe) And the way the players play is really different from when you play against others outside the church. Though there is physicality at times, you always feel that all are just playing for fun and no one intends to hurt anyone.

Looking forward to our next game. Hope we get to the finals!

By the way, I was watching UFC 70 yesterday and I saw the nastiest knockout ever since I started watching UFC. It was a right kick to head of Mirko Cro Cop by Gabriel Gonzaga on the first round. It was very devastating that Cro Cop just drop dead on the canvass ignoring his twisted ankle! Can't wait for Gonzaga-Couture championship fight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home