Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Summer Time!


Summer na!!! We had our company outing last Saturday, April 14 at Clearwater Country Club. Well, the event itself went quite well but the events that happened before that… not so much. A series of unfortunate events (Ehehe), disastrous, one might even say. First, my car's right rear brake got stuck! (strike one!) Thankfully, I was out of EDSA by the time it happened, I was about a mile from Freya's house so I wasn't creating major traffic. Imagine forcing my car to "move" with only 3 wheels rolling. Ehehe. Clearly my car won’t be able to take us to Pampanga so we used her car instead. We got to Pampanga alright but then just about a few kilometers away from Clearwater, the car overheated! (strike two!) Good thing though, we were close to a petrol station so we went there to cool down the car's engine. So there we were with the sun glaring and all, just hosing down the radiator. It doesn’t end there, somehow with all the signs pointing to the country club, we still got lost. (strike three!) We turned right instead of going straight ahead… Lucky aren’t we? We saw the Clearwater entrance alright, but we're on the other side of the road so we have to look for a U-turn slot that was sooo far away. Oh well, that sums-up our good fortune in the morning. But I have to say that all the hassles were worth it because we enjoyed the rest of the day (swim! swim! swim!). Our team won the cheering contest (I participated!) and we became the overall champion!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home